We are all artists, prove it to yourself and go to the Rockdale Arts Festival which kicks off on Sunday 16 March when creARTivity, a free community celebration of art and creativity, returns to Arncliffe Park.
creARTivity is a family event celebrating Harmony Day and promoting the inner artist in all of us. Visitors will have the opportunity to:
- Build something great in the LEGO tent
- Make musical instruments from recycled materials
- Get creative at the Shopfront interactive art station
- Try African drumming
- Strum a ukulele
- Make your mark on the community mural
- Decorate a cupcake and eat it
- Clown around in the circus playground
- Play mini-games with your kids
- Relax in the Project Youth chill out lounge
Artists will be creating before your eyes. You can join in the many activities or bring a family picnic and just relax in the creative atmosphere.
Arncliffe based Salmagundi Studios, the Sans Souci Knitting Group, and St George Potters will also be displaying their creations. Local theatre-makers Shopfront will be there to help you express your creative side.
The day promises a range of creative workshops, activities and exhibitions. Visitors will also be able to take home free seedlings from the Rockdale Community Nursery.
The Rockdale Arts Festival which runs from 16 March – 13 April will feature a series of art events, workshops, activities and exhibitions across Rockdale City.